THE FIRST IMPRESSION:
This listed building, once the former head office of the Labour Party, oozes character. No wonder; this townhouse was the first project of Jos Cuypers and commissioned by his father Pierre. Notice the timber framing and the extraordinary tile panels. They depict muses and have been produced by the firm Villeroy & Boch. The eclectic architecture of the property, with its stained glass windows and bay windows, is spectacular.
In the past two years, the property has been thoroughly redeveloped inside. It currently contains eight elegant, comfortable apartments. Combining clean lines with classic design. Modern facilities and characteristic details. This apartment is so much more than just a great living space. This is ultimate comfort in which space, light and quality are key.
The building features an elevator. The parking in the Byzantium offers parking spaces.
An extraordinary, spacious and exquisitely redeveloped penthouse with a living space of approximately 110 m².
The apartment has its own staircase, leading up from the third floor to the fourth floor where the penthouse is situated.
The stained glass windows, the herringbone wood flooring and beams add to its distinct character.
The spacious living room with a mezzanine floor, forms the centre of the property. The living room is separated from the dining room with a dividing wall containing a gas fire that can be seen from both rooms.
The semi-open kitchen has a U-shape and is equipped with various SMEG appliances, a Quooker and plenty of cabinet space. The kitchen is bright and clean, with matte-finished white cabinet doors and a white composite worktop.
There is one large bedroom, with direct access to the en-suite bathroom.
The en-suite bathroom features a washbasin, a spacious walk-in/rain shower and a combined bidet toilet. This bathroom also contains the connections for a washer and dryer.
A beautiful and lush part of Amsterdam! Situated between the Old South and the Old West.
Elegant properties define the street scene, providing a great sense of style.
The museums at the Museumplein are nearby. As well as the PC Hooftstraat and other exclusive shopping streets in Old South. And cultural hotspot the Hallen, laidback cafés and bars in Old West and everything in between, such as the Vondelpark are in the near surroundings.
Hip and historic at the same time, culture all round. This is thé place to enjoy Amsterdam at its best!
- an elegant, comfortably redeveloped apartment;
- characteristic details have been preserved and restored;
- high quality materials and modern facilities have been used;
- classic and contemporary go hand in hand;
- there are connections for home automation, to be controlled with an iPad;
- beautiful herringbone wood flooring, underfloor heating;
- efficient and atmospheric extra heating, thanks to a gas fire;
- various SMEG-appliances in the kitchen;
- an elevator is available.
- the rental price is € 3.200,- per month. This excludes gas, water and light and internet, telephone and television;
- the service charge is € 80,- per month;
- the deposit consists of three months’ rent;
- the minimal lease period is one year, with the option to extend;
- a diplomatic clause can be arranged;
- not suitable for shared living;
- a three-month notice applies;
- the parking space can be rented for € 450,- per month. Subletting is prohibited.
Upon mutual agreement, available as from today.
The apartment will be furnished.
That is; including a washer and dryer, window coverings and custom built-in wardrobes.
Read full description