THE FIRST IMPRESSION:
This listed building, once the former head office of the Labour Party, oozes character. No wonder; this townhouse was the first project of Jos Cuypers and commissioned by his father Pierre. Notice the timber framing and the extraordinary tile panels. They depict muses and have been produced by the firm Villeroy & Boch. The eclectic architecture of the property, with its stained glass windows and bay windows, is spectacular.
In the past two years, the property has been thoroughly redeveloped inside. It currently contains eight elegant, comfortable apartments. Combining clean lines with classic design. Modern facilities and characteristic details. This apartment is so much more than just a great living space. This is ultimate comfort in which space, light and quality are key.
The building features an elevator. The parking in the Byzantium offers parking spaces.
Situated on the first floor at the back of the property. A convenient advantage is the elevator that opens directly into the apartment, using a master key.
The smooth-finished plastered walls, the herringbone wood flooring, the large skirting boards and the atmospheric gas fire. These are just a few beautiful details of the apartment. The three-metre high ceilings give the entire apartment a great sense of space. The bay window adds charm to the living room.
The spacious living room is the centre of this large property of approximately 110 m².
The semi-open kitchen is equipped with various SMEG appliances, a Quooker and plenty of cabinet space. The kitchen is bright and clean, with matte-finished white cabinet doors and a white composite worktop.
The master bedroom situated opposite the living room can be accessed via two doors. There is an en-suite bathroom, featuring a free-standing bath, a double washbasin, a spacious walk-in/rain shower and a combined bidet toilet. This bathroom also contains the connections for a washer and dryer.
The second bedroom has its own, beautifully finished bathroom. That contains a walk-in/rain shower and a washbasin.
Finally, the apartment features a wardrobe and a separate combined bidet toilet.
A beautiful and lush part of Amsterdam! Situated between the Old South and the Old West.
Elegant properties define the street scene, providing a great sense of style.
The museums at the Museumplein are nearby. As well as the PC Hooftstraat and other exclusive shopping streets in Old South. And cultural hotspot the Hallen, laidback cafés and bars in Old West and everything in between, such as the Vondelpark are in the near surroundings.
Hip and historic at the same time, culture all round. This is thé place to enjoy Amsterdam at its best!
- an elegant, comfortably redeveloped apartment;
- characteristic details have been preserved and restored;
- high quality materials and modern facilities have been used;
- classic and contemporary go hand in hand;
- there are connections for home automation, to be controlled with an iPad;
- beautiful herringbone wood flooring, underfloor heating;
- efficient and atmospheric extra heating, thanks to a gas fire;
- various SMEG-appliances in the kitchen;
- an elevator is available.
- the rental price is € 3.700,- per month. This excludes gas, water and light and internet, telephone and television;
- the service charge is € 110,- per month;
- the deposit consists of three months’ rent;
- the minimal lease period is one year, with the option to extend;
- a diplomatic clause can be arranged;
- not suitable for shared living;
- a three-month notice applies;
- the parking space can be rented for € 450,- per month. Subletting is prohibited.
Upon mutual agreement, available as from today.
The apartment will be furnished.
That is; including a washer and dryer, window coverings and custom built-in wardrobes.
Read full description