Unique opportunity! Truly a beautiful canal house of over 465 sqm with elevator, garage for three cars and a large garden and rooftop terrace, all on private land and in an ideal central location. This beautiful residential building is located on the borders of the Old Town and the green Plantage area with the Wertheim Park and the Hortus Botanicus just around the corner. It is fantastically located directly opposite the Hermitage and 100 meters from the Amstel with its icons such as the Carré, the National Opera & Ballet and the Skinny Bridge a short walk away.
The stone facade on the front gives the building a grand character. The rear overlooks a spacious private area, with an oasis of tranquility, far away from city noises. The property has original details, ample size rooms with high ceilings, and because of this and the sunny south position, a very pleasant incidence of light.
This location offers a unique combination of stunning views of the canal, a quiet position, a short walk from all the cultural, culinary and practical amenities and optimal accessibility by both car via the ring and public transport with metro and tram at Waterloo square.
Viewings possible on November 17th, 23th and 25th, 2016 - by appointment only.
Two private entrances, one with access to hall with elevator, garage for a total of three cars including a car stacker with capacity for two cars, storage room, door to the studio apartment with private bathroom and Arclinea kitchen and finally a door to outdoor patio from which access to another two studios with private bathroom and kitchen. One of these studios also has indoor access and access to a basement, suitable for (wine) storage or easliy convertible into livingspace.
The outdoor patio at the studios is paved with original cobblestones and via a beautiful fence gives access to the spacious garden surrounded by monumental trees. The garden is equipped with a greenhouse to sit outside in all seasons, a swim spa and jacuzzi with a glass roof and a wooden garden house with a sauna.
Through the second door a wide marble staircase leads to the first floor with marble lobby with lift, toilet and wardrobe. The hall opens to the cozy living room at the front with high ceilings, open fireplace and a bay window and on the back to the kitchen with contemporary, luxurious Arclinea stainless steel kitchen with a multitude of appliances.
The L-shaped hall gives access to the master bedroom at the front with two windows and two doors to ceiling with access to a small balcony and ensuite bathroom with whirlpool, shower, double sink and toilet and on the garden side two bedrooms with adjoining guest bathroom toilet, fountain, shower and washer/ dryer.
The lobby with lift, cupboard and toilet on the third floor leads to the second living room at the front with fireplace and views of the canal through all ceiling high windows and the second kitchen on the garden side with contemporary and full white Arclinea kitchen and a practical storage.
On the fourth floor there is a bright hall with stairs to the rooftop terrace, a closet for washer / tumble dryer, a front bedroom with high ceilings and beams in sight and an ensuite bathroom with skylight and a spacious masterbedroom with an ensuite bathroom with skylight, floor heating, tub, shower, double sink and toilet.
Roof terrace over almost the entire roof at 17 meters height with a phenomenal 360-degree panoramic city view: Rembrandtplein The Bank, Waterloo City Hall, Music hall at the IJ, Carré on the Amstel, DNB, Okura, Rijksmuseum, to the South-axis skyline, you really can see almost the entire city from here. It is reached by a staircase with a skylight and fitted with wooden decking.
- Situated on a plot private land of 327 sqm (freehold, no lease)
- Is a municipal monument from 1910 with a distinctive sand stone facade
- Part of UNESCO heritage 2010 Amsterdam canals
- Situated in probably the nicest and most popular neighbourhood at this moment
- AH supermarket is around the corner on Jodenbreestraat, Marqt is just a little further walk to Utrechtsestraat corner Herengracht
- Many restaurants in the area, such as Sluizer, Plantage, Breitner and Nel Amstelveld
- No cars at opposite side of the canal, low local traffic in the front
- The location of the living room on the first floor and the absence of houseboats offers a very nice and wide view of the canal and the opposite Hermitage, and moreover full privacy
- Entire building was renovated in 2008
- Since then, further upgrades and improvements were made such as transformation of former offices to self-containing studio apartments, a rooftop terrace, a swim spa with glass roof, greenhouse, garden house with sauna, elevator, bathroom, boiler c.v
- The rooftop terrace on the fifth floor is unlicensed
- Building has four c.v. boilers and separate gas and electricity meters for groundfloor, 1st plus 2nd floor and 3rd plus 4th floor respectively
- Two front doors, one with access to ground floor with elevator, garage, studio’s and garden and one with access to the marble hall with side access to the garage and through the marble staircase to all other floors
- Property is suitable for many purposes, such as home office, double occupancy, studying children, parents care, au pair or B & B
- Spacious garden with patio, greenhouse, swimming pool and sauna
- Garage with space for three cars
- Lift stops on 1st and 3rd floor. key access
- Property will be delivered completely empty
- NEN 2580 measurement report available
An ideal location and a multipurpose ample canalhouse which ideally could be acknowlegded during a visit. This proposition offers the unique combination of royal and spacious living, enjoying a quiet location and the convenience of being close to all urban pleasures and amenities.
Read full description