Living in the middle of the cultural life of Amsterdam. This is possible in this special apartment on the third and fourth floor of a renovated canal building by the Amstel. Opposite Theatre Carré and looking out on the Magere Brug from the couch. The building features a lift and the living room comes with a fireplace. The terrace facing the southwest is unique for an upstairs apartment, and offers sun from 11 ‘o clock in the morning until sunset. The terrace is large enough to place a dining table and dine outside with some company. The bright, large kitchen diner is directly connected to the terrace by means of a sliding door.
All large museums, the Stopera and Artis are at walking distance, just like the cosy Utrechtsestraat. Inside the apartment it is remarkably silent considering the central location. Invite friends to see the National Liberation Concert, Pride Amsterdam, or the arrival of Saint Nicholas. They will be sitting on first row seats along with you.
Central entrance on the ground floor with stairwell and lift to the third floor.
Third floor: hall/entrance with stairs to the fourth floor, wardrobe and toilet space and entrance to the living room. The bright living room is situated at the front and offers a magnificent view through the large windows on the Amstel with the Magere Brug and Theatre Carré. The entire third floor features wooden floorboards and the living room comes with a fireplace. The Amsterdam artist Maarten Welbergen painted a mural in the passage to the kitchen diner. Of course, it is up the buyer to decide to keep this or not. The kitchen diner, which comes with various built-in appliances, has a manually operated sliding door to the sunny terrace facing the southwest of 12 m˛.
Fourth floor: the three bedrooms, bathroom and the boiler room can be reached from the corridor. The spacious bedroom at the back offers access to the balcony by means of French doors. The balcony provides a view on the towers of the Rijksmuseum as well as the rest of the city. The generously sized bedroom at the front side offers an amazing view on the Amstel River. The bathroom features a bathtub with shower, washstand, 2nd toilet and washing machine connection. The entire floor was fitted with bright bamboo floorboards in 2017.
- Entire building renovated in 1979 and features a lift and new foundation;
- Living area 130 m˛, outside area in total 18.4 m˛;
- Professional HOA, the service costs amount to approx. €385 per month;
- Communal storage in the basement, where bicycles can be pared and items can be stored;
- Outside painted in 2018;
- Old age and asbestos clause applicable;
- The apartment has its own satellite dish with British channels like ITV and Channel Four, which are otherwise unavailable in Amsterdam. At request the current owner is willing to leave the dish and receiver at no extra cost.
- Transfer in consultation, preferably in the middle of March 2019;
- Sale occurs subject to awarding by vendor.
Read full description